Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stuart Trueman completed the first around Australia circumnavigation (solo and unassisted) in 2012. Previously it was done by Paul Caffyn (land assisted where possible), and Freya Hofmeister (land assisted where possible). If you are after a read of an extraordinary kayaking adventure, look at this. Stuart's book is just out.....

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AW57LXM/ref ... Orb17CH3GR

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
eric said:
Hard copy?
No maybe not, seeing Amazon is mentioned. That'd be Kindle...right? I'm a bit (lot) behind the times. Anyway, good read assured.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Sharknett. Hardcopy is my choice.

I've met stuart He came to Brisbane for a couple of days to recuperate, and took off with Gary Forrest in 35 + knots after that. They didn't even consider that challenging, despite 5 + m seas. From memory, they covered 100 km + in less 10 hours.

Highly skilled, highly motivated ... truly an inspiration for sea loving yakkers. It reinforces that skills training is paramount.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
174 Posts
Downloaded to my iPad yesterday. Great reading. Had trouble putting it down today. 1/3 way through and really enjoying it. Got some classic quotes. :lol:

·
Registered
174 Posts
4 days. Book finished. Could not put it down. Loved every page. If you love yakking get a copy. I am hoping my kids will read it.
Stuart's attitude to life and challenges is inspiring and while I am nowhere near capable of anything near what he has done, his book has only added further fuel to fire my own yakking adventures. :D

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BaysideKayakAngler said:
Just finished reading it.
Great read !!!
And here's a podcast of him talking about his book on the ABC Bush Telegraph.
http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/rn/podcast/2013/05/bth_20130528_1146.mp3
Cheers.
Thanks for that. Stuart's a legend of sea kayaking. I have heard his book cannot be put down.

Interestingly, Paul Caffyn, the firstto do it (supported), recently visited Brisbane on a speaking tour. That was fascinating too. (Freya Hofmeister - a German girl, was the second)

Great adventurers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.