Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Time for another social drink on the Gold Coast for AKFF members and visitors, this one being the 73rd occasion, and another chance to catch up with mates and meet new AKFFers, or come along and just enquire about the forum,
WEDNESDAY 7th AUGUST, 2013 from approx 4.30pm to when ever.

Emerald Lakes Golf Club at Carrara [cnr Alabaster Dve and Nerang Broadbeach Rd] entry from Alabaster Dve..........generally on a table in the main bar against the wall, near a glass screen next to the gaming room entry when it is possible, if not look for the sticker below.

Come along for an informal get together of local members, talk local fishing and other topics with a few laughs, and share the enjoyment of both alcoholic and non alcoholic gulp juice.

Look for this sticker on a table
large AKFF table motif.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clarkey said:
I'll be kicking back having a few after a day on the slopes snowboarding.
So being on the snow clarkey, guess we could say you are getting piste.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys I'm new to kayak fishing just bought my first kayak a Scorpio terrapin. Looking forward to meeting new people who enjoy there kayak fishing hopefully I will be able to make it depending on work
Thanks Patrick

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PatrickW said:
hopefully I will be able to make it depending on work
See you if able to be there Patrick, welcome mate.

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PatrickW said:
if there are any other meet ups in the near future
Bad luck Patrick, however we gather at Carrara on the FIRST Wednesday every month if the opportunity for you arises in the future.

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What a strange social/meet this month.

By 5.30pm it looked like the equivalent of a fishing donut, had watched the Keno screen play many games for an hour, drunk beer alone, and talked to myself so decided was time to go home, with total attendance standing at Dodge only for round one.

Been home about 3 minutes when the mobile rang, with Matt [mattayogi] puzzled as to what is happening, told him to standby for about 10 minutes and would return, so round two began for an hour or so with a few drinks and a total attendance of two for the night, being Matt and Dodge.

Having the last sip with Matt when Gilbo [headman] rang, to see if we were still on the job as he had just finished work, so told him to stay home and catch up next month.

So two originals GC members became the total attendance for August, with Gilbo also another original, getting rejected.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just saw the post about the meet about 8pm tonight otherwise I would have been there for sure. I live less then 5 minutes from there so will definitely be keen next month!

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aussiewheelz said:
I live less then 5 minutes from there so will definitely be keen next month!
Adam I will post a reminder notice the week before the next meet which is due on Wed 4 September.

If you like, PM me your home phone and I will ring you one night after tea and have a yarn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.