Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Amazing for sure Dave.

One question that went through my mind was, are they dangerous to humans? Some answers at : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_wha ... _on_humans

Then there are these:

and the Sea world fatality:

Big animals. I wouldn't be swimming with them.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
TheFishinMusician said:
kayakone said:

Big animals. I wouldn't be swimming with them.
That first vid is fake.
Why is it fake Mark? (not saying it for real - my only question was, it was rather blurred))

Even if it is fake, what has that got to do with Attenborough's explanation in the clip you presented? Do you mean that because an Orca once recognised the difference between a cameraman in the water and a sea lion, then that rule applies across the board?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
kayakone said:
Why is it fake Mark? (not saying it for real - my only question was, it was rather blurred))
Well 3 reasons really,
1. Just look at it.
2. It was actually made as part of a commercial series for "lucky" pencils in the Dominican Republic.
3. Just look at it.
kayakone said:
Even if it is fake, what has that got to do with Attenborough's explanation in the clip you presented? Do you mean that because an Orca once recognised the difference between a cameraman in the water and a sea lion, then that rule applies across the board?
To answer the 2nd question first.
No.
I just remember watching that doco years ago & seeing the cameramen sitting in the water 1m either side of the "lanes" the orcas were using to rush the beach & thinking they were braver than me.

To answer the first question....
that beach & camera angle (the original is flipped 180deg) looks reeeeealy familiar.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Thanks Mark. I give up my aspirations for a job as a video analylist.

All good fun. BTW, no new Christian threads will be posted next week in the Off Topic area.*

* By me. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.