Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
The windows of spare time I get at the moment are usually too small to pack gear, drive at least half hour to water and fish, so if I get a chance I come here to get my fix of fishy related things. The unrelated topics and laughs are a bonus. Living vicariously through others I guess.

G

·
My forum activity is determined by my very severe addiction. Ninety-three outings, since 3/4/2013, mostly chasing Australian Salmon from the beach. The addiction doesn't leave a lot of yak time but there are some yak trips in there. Ten trips produced doughnuts :( Many lures lost - one rock behind which Salmon sit in ambush is adorned with about six of my lures - must take the yak out and try retrieval one day.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I seem to be on Akff more and more and I've noticed that when I haven't fished in a while I browse Akff more I guess its like itch you need to scratch sort of thing. I generally browse everything safety, gear, comps, trip reports and of course main.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I fish every W/E and almost totaly out of the kayak it has to be pretty bad weather that stops me . One of the good thinks about my local pond, Westernport there is always somewhere to fish out of the wind with launch spots at all corners

as for being busy at work I sub contract and the guys I work for understand that fishing is more important the work so I don't work W/Es
I dont mow the lawn ( the wife does that )

so fishing or lack of it makes no difference I log on to AKFF every day but am not a big poster here I am much more active on Vyak and only because it's local and easy to arrange trips with others from there
most of the guys I fish with are on the local Vic site in fact I dont tend to fish with anyone here on AKFF that isn't over on Vyak

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I've been bored with fishing for the last month or so. I think I need a break. Spending the weekend just gone up in Mackay without a fishing rod in my hand did me the world of good. It was starting to feel like a job and as a result I wasn't enjoying it. It has also changed how often I feel like posting something, though I still tend to log on and read what others have posted.

It feels like there has been a lot of "off topic" stuff posted lately, not just here but on all of the fishing forums I frequent.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good topic

The "Off Topic" section is growing for two reasons. 1. Off season for kayak fishing. 2. What new topics are there?
I want to find out what is the best bait for mermaids.
But then I get the "This topic is always brought up every mermaid season," followed by a link to bait for mermaids.
Even at BCF they look at me like I'm a complete idiot. They look at me like that at Woolworths too. "Where is the mermaid food isle?"
Also at Bunnings (a completely different story)

So, maybe encourage questions without the "not again" tag will keep the site alive.

Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.