Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
I'm looking at that and wondering whether I should do the same. The problem is I'd probably just leave it folded down 90% of the time.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nezevic said:
Whats got me stuffed is how you walk on the walls.

Pretty neat idea though.
Velcro. And gaffa.
How I do most things really.
SurfanFish said:
Great job...

TheFishinMusician said:
Any questions. Go nuts.
Are you showing off again?
Yes.

eric said:
You haven't done the pinboard mods yet.
Just waiting for the mail order to arrive so I can trace round it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Fishn,
looks great man!
just thinking it might be worth getting a bit of pool noodle
to put on those timber arms, i just know I have got flat spots
on my yak from doing a similar thing, but pool noodles fixed it.
(the flat spots go away if you leave the yak in the sun with the hatches open.)

Hugh

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
TFM being a sling and pulley user for a few years my thoughts are similar to mingles comment.

But having said that, your rack idea is a great bit of considered innovation, so well done mate.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
eric said:
Shuggy22 said:
I told him to do that. He ignored me. I said that it just wasn't proper kayak anything without the sacrifice of at least one sustainably harvested pool noodle, but he just went right ahead so he could get some flat spots happening on his hulls.

He just doesn't listen.
That's because I've found something better!! $2 swimming kick board from "the warehouse"
Just haven't put it on yet.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dodge said:
TFM being a sling and pulley user for a few years my thoughts are similar to mingles comment.

But having said that, your rack idea is a great bit of considered innovation, so well done mate.
Thanks Dodge.
I did have a crack @ the sling thing a few months back but I never really loved it. Plus with this I got to make lots of sawdust with my favorite toy, so it's a win-win.

·
Registered
85 Posts
TheFishinMusician said:
eric said:
Shuggy22 said:
I told him to do that. He ignored me. I said that it just wasn't proper kayak anything without the sacrifice of at least one sustainably harvested pool noodle, but he just went right ahead so he could get some flat spots happening on his hulls.

He just doesn't listen.
That's because I've found something better!! $2 swimming kick board from "the warehouse"
Just haven't put it on yet.
HAHA fair enough mate beats the $3 Pool noodle then ;)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DennisT said:
Thats a rack to be proud of
Ta :)
indiedog said:
TheFishinMusician said:
My garage walls are all used up with benches & other storage so a hanging solution was the go, but I was after something a little more solid than just ropes & straps.
I like it, it's out there. But after all that makin' stuff, are you holding up the end of impresso rack with ropes and pulleys?

You need a spring catch so you can just lift up that 100kg's o' yak and have the catch snap and hold. Then maybe a bit of rope between catches so you can just pull and the whole thing will drop on your head. Wear a helmet. Maybe run an induction course before using.
Pictures, I need pictures.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mingle said:
You need to add a "Wallace & Gromit" feature that will let you pull a lever, from the comfort
of your bed, and then whisk you through a network of underground tunnels and slides to drop
you (and the Hyena) into the seats of the Daewoo, while simultaneously rigging the A.I and
plonking it onto the roofracks...

Should be a doddle really...
I recon if I got a big enough spring a-la indys idea, I could aim the whole lot @ welshpool roll back the garage roof & just launch from home.

For some reason I can hear the music from the Thunderbirds playing in the background......

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was just about to say, so kinda like a door latch yeah? That would be fun to drop on my head with the quick release! Sort of mythbusters style!
I've got a few 400 kilo ratchet straps on it to take the weight off the pulleys while its up, just tightened till they take up the slack. Seems to be pretty efficient so far. The only way to improve the raising really would be to use a trailer ratchet winch for the pulley/block lines but that might be too much faffing around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.