Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal this year is to add to my species list and today I managed 2 more, a Gt and Estuary Cod, both on the smallish size but good fun on 4lb braid. I launched before sunrise from the river street boat ramp, I normally hit the flats with soft plastics looking for flatties but this time I decided to try something different so I targeted the rock wall and after 2 casts had a 37cm Estuary Cod in the boat, after releasing him I then pulled out a small GT from the same spot. Then as I drifted with the out going tide I picked up 4 flatties all around the 45cm mark, all were released. I then made my way back to the rocky point and landed another 2 smaller Cod. No Keepers but had a ball out there today, the weather was perfect and had the river to myself, gotta love a weekday yak! :D

Cheers Scotty

Attachments

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Any cod of 4lb gear is pretty impressive. I've been bricked on 20lb gear by sub 40cm EC's before.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Nice one Scotty, gotta love a weekday fish!

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Good fun Scotty! :D As JF said re EC, they can go hard.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hi ya Scotty

Well done on the new species. Have had 7 weeks off and am now working again but this time in town. Dad passed away a couple of weeks ago and i didn't have much time on the water while he was sick.

Time to move on now and as they say.................. Fishing is cheaper than therapy... :)

Cheers

Stevo....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The water temperature is getting down a bit now for Barra so no sign of any of them.
The Cod did go very hard as did the Trevally and in both instances I thought I had much larger fish on but still was not disappointed.
Sorry to hear about your Dad Steve, I know it's been a tough time. Congratulations on the new job and I am really looking forward to seeing you out on the water soon mate!

Cheers Scotty

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well done Scotty good to see someone getting out and about.

Cheers Mal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.