Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

AKFF Select May 2012

32K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  grinner 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
AKFF Select
May 2012
Golden2.jpg

Welcome to the first edition of AKFF select.

This is a virtual magazine of some of the best AKFF content produced over the month, starting with the month of May 2012, with contributions from a variety of AKFF members (that had no idea they were contributing). The aim of AKFF select is to promote the best content to further encourage quality contributions from AKFF members. These select threads will be captured in this monthly magazine style format for the enjoyment of members and guests for all time.

In this issue:

Trip Reports
Shufoy explores the wilds of Wilderness Island WA.
Ado discovers a new local lake and rediscovers his passion for kayak fishing on the NSW South Coast.
Fatyak83 and Paulo get pulled around by Longtails at Moffats Qld.
Redphoenix and Decay generate universal envy with their multiday trip to the west coast of Fraser Island Qld.
Lapse and Grinner take us on a pictorial tour of Peel Island Qld.
Squidder and Paffoh were well rewarded for braving the elements at Lake Eucumbene NSW.
Sunshiner puts us all to shame (again) chasing the boils at Noosa Qld.
And Eric and The Fishin' Musician pucker up against the big blow at Snake Island Vic.

Q&A
Nubs asks how best to get into fly fishing.
Harden97 asks about the benefits of using braid.
Goanywhere wonders how best to keep his feet dry and warm.
Imnotoriginal seeks comfort in the selection of the ideal heavy spin outfit.

Kayak Showroom
Dru gives us his review of the new Stealth Profisha 575.
And Stevie gives us his thoughts on the Barracuda Ultralight Fish Pro.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
*fistpump*
I've been waiting for somthing like this

RR

#7 ·
Ubolt said:
Nothing from SA :(
Wait until next month :D .
It's not state based, but rather on quality content.
Having said that, we won't let Qld get all their own way in Winter. :?

#8 ·
indiedog said:
But why is this issue "May"? Is it a monthly or quarterly thing?
It was originally going to be quarterly, but it took a LONG time to go back through May alone. It seems we have enough content to make it monthly even through Winter. If we have the time, it will be monthly.

#10 ·
eagle4031 said:
great idea
Better than great...BRILLIANT idea, mods and admin.

With the quality, and ease of flicking the link to an outsider, this will make it easy to get some others on board.

trev

#17 ·
Bertros said:
{edit]: Can we expect a June and July to quickly follow? And will it come in an iPad format?
The June issue will be out soon after the end of July, July after the end of August, etc. This leaves a month after the end of each month for nominations, reading and compiling. June should be out early next week.

I know nothing about iPad formats (distant cry of Red/Kraley heard through a hand covered mouthpiece).

#18 ·
vikodin said:
Awesome idea,
I noticed some great posts that hardly got a look at originally.

Whoever was the brains behind this deserves the clap ;-)
Do you mean "a clap". I hope so.

trev

#21 ·
This really is a top idea ... Read some top threads that I had missed the first time around. Well done Ado and anyone else responsible for pulling this together. iPad format would be all kinds of awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.