Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

condor fish finder

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Dodge 
#1 ·
hi guys just need some help i have condor fish finder to fit my kayak the only problem is there are no hatches
the brand i have is a winner velocity II as i got the kayak from shop for building him custom kayak rods i have never put
a fish finder on before the transducer how far down under the water can let me know how far please thanks

#2 ·
akajimmy said:
the transducer how far down under the water can let me know how far please thanks
jimmy as long as there are no air bubbles below the transducer you will get a signal, a mate has a condor on his tinnie and it works well with deepest to date about 50m

Many seat the trannie in a blob of sealant inside on the bottom of the kayak and it sends the signal through the plastic hull with no problem, allow a few days for sealant to cure before using if you go this way.

Others mount the trannie externally on the yak so it is below the waterline, so either works.

#3 ·
Dodge said:
akajimmy said:
the transducer how far down under the water can let me know how far please thanks
jimmy as long as there are no air bubbles below the transducer you will get a signal, a mate has a condor on his tinnie and it works well with deepest to date about 50m

Many seat the trannie in a blob of sealant inside on the bottom of the kayak and it sends the signal through the plastic hull with no problem, allow a few days for sealant to cure before using if you go this way.

Others mount the trannie externally on the yak so it is below the waterline, so either works.
hi doge thanks for that i dont have any hatches on it as the brand is called winner of kayak i got given to me for build custom kayak rods it is a velocity II I THINK IT IS A S..T

#4 ·
Dodge said:
akajimmy said:

hey doge if type in winner kayaks .com you can see velocity II any help would good thanks

#5 ·
I have never seen this yak in the flesh so feel free to ignore anything I type.
Looks like there is a flat area where the kids seat would go? I would probably install a hatch there to give internal access then do an internal mount. Sounder mount may be able to on the flat area between your legs. This option may also give you dry internal storage.
Alternatively there have been a few installs with home made brackets that require little to no cutting or drilling of the kayak.
This thread has a few ideas for smaller yaks. viewtopic.php?f=95&t=57027&p=592809&hilit=sounder#p592809
The wiki has a few installs or search on sounder in DIY section.

#6 ·
akajimmy said:
you can see velocity II any help would good thanks
Had a look at the velocity on YouTube....

On the front deck is a yellow label and behind vertical bulkhead, from deck to footwell.

Suggest you cut into this bulkhead a hole and insert a small plastic deck plate [4" or 6" size dependent on wall] this gives you easy access into the bow.... SharkNet propose similar access method but in a different location on the yak

Any nearby ships chandler [such as Whitworths Marine] will have deck plates as they are a commonly used fitting on many boats

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.