DIY Rods • A couple more for the collection

Rod building, custom sticks

A couple more for the collection

Postby KarlD » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Having lost my daughters new build over the side of the boat the other week at long reef I thought I owed her another. Luckily my mudhole order arrived on New Year's Eve giving me something to do whilst I recovered from any NYE hangover.

First off the block was completing my light jigging rod built on a Matagi T-RUSSELL LITE Jigging blank and reel seat.

image.jpg
T-RUSSELL LITE JIGGING

image.jpg
Guide at

image.jpg
Grip

To build my daughters rod I used a crb blue 7ft light spinning blank with sk grip and holo guides.

image.jpg
Light spin

image.jpg
Guide

image.jpg
Grip

Not sure what my next project will be but I think I'm addicted to rod building sadly.
Karl

PA
Kayak PB's: Flathead 63cm, Flounder 33cm, Mulloway 73cm, Salmon 50cm, Tailor 42cm, Silver Trevally 40cm, Bonito 42cm, Kingfish 70cm, Squid (hood) 31cm, Whitting 32cm
KarlD

Kayak: RTM Tango and PA

Re: A couple more for the collection

Postby Marty75 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:40 pm

Sweet! Well done Karl. They look awesome.

Marty
PBs: Kingfish 74cm Bream 41cm Flathead 68cm Tailor 51cm Hammerhead 6ft Salmon 70cm Bonito 56cm Hairtail 95cm Spotted Mackerel 95cm
Hobie Revo Serenity II rigged here
Stealth Evo 465 (ex-IndieDog) rigged here
Marty75
Elite Member

Kayak: Hobie Revo_Evo 465

Re: A couple more for the collection

Postby Evoids » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Love the wraps and I'm a big fan of the skeleton reel seats. Good looking Matagi seat too. I'm yet to build a rod with Matagi bling but I think that time is drawing near.
Pb's! Bream - 36cm-Flathead - 65cm-Estuary Cod - 36cm-Fingermark - 25cm-Trevally - 33cm-Jewfish - 58cm-Tarpon - 50cm to tip-Tailor - 45cm
Evoids
Veteran Member

Kayak: Viking Nemo w fishkit.

Return to DIY Rods