Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

a couple home made spinnerbaits and surface lure.

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Greaper 
#1 ·
A couple weeks ago i purchased a spinnerbait starter kit, it soon arrived (2 days later) and like a kid at chrissy i was into it.
I put the wire and hooks together placed them in the mould and then started melting the lead.

Here is a pic of the first couple i made.

Anyway after making them all up i put a couple together. It is really quite easy. Also i painted the heads black however i wilk do it properly when i get some proper paint.

Anywah here is a few more pics of them all made up

Then today after a couple drinks i thought it would be a good idea to try make a timber lure

Started with an off cut of cedar cut it down to size 35mm. Sanded abit shape into it.painted it up then coated it in resin. I was hoping try it on some trout, hoping that they will snatch it up off the surface.

See less See more
G
#3 ·
Looks great. I make my own jigheads and it is easy and much cheaper than bought.

I am interested in hearing more about the resin coating. I usually coat my lures in epoxy but it is time consuming and gets a bit pricy with the larger lures.

#5 ·
Kelvin said:
Looks great. I make my own jigheads and it is easy and much cheaper than bought.

I am interested in hearing more about the resin coating. I usually coat my lures in epoxy but it is time consuming and gets a bit pricy with the larger lures.
Its fiberglass resin just had it in the shed. Mixed it up and dipped it in a coupke tines then left it to set..

Yes the first cod, cant wait. Will make it all worth it.

The starter kit was about $90 which included the mould and enough stuff to make 20 spinnerbaits.

#6 ·
Nice work on the spinner baits.
Where do you get the kit from?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.