Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

BIG JEW VIDEO

54K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  alangoggin 
#1 ·
Although i caught this fish last year ive only come around to the idea of sharing the video very recently.

Its nothing fancy editing wise but the fish was pretty special to me. It was originally 26mins long and ive cut it back to 5min. Believe me it was hard to cut bits out, i cherished every second of the fight. I know 1 or 2 of the guys on here have seen it and liked it so thought it would be worth sharing in the Non Yak Reports.

Hope it inspires a few others to get out and try get the "BIG" one!

#2 ·
bertros said:
Definitely inspired Alan!

How on earth did you get him up without a gaff? I think we miss it in the edit (perhaps that's intended) but did you wash him up on a wave then gill-grab him?
The gaffing attempts were horrendous. I usually fish with a mate and have a huge gaff nearly 6mts long for fishing the rocks. The only problem is being on your own and using the gaff that big with one hand is impossible. I tried and ended up nearly beating the fish off the hook with it :lol: :lol:

I dont think i was ever so nervous trying to land a fish as when i was watching that jew roll up and down the rocks in the swell and not having help to gaff it.

#7 ·
Awesome!!!

#9 ·
CAV said:
That thing is a horse.
Well done.
No I think it's a Jew or Mulloway. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.