Electronics • Gopro 4

Sounders, Shark Shields, and other electronics

Gopro 4

Postby jbonez » Tue May 13, 2014 6:39 pm

It looks like a gopro 4 should be coming out in the next couple of months.

I have a hero 3 and its given me no grief even though I have heard alot of horror storys.

I think the hero 3+ was sort of a beta test for the new model, it looks like its going to have a new lense/processor & 30fps 4k recording and 120fps 720p.

I think you will find the 3+ and hero 3 will be pretty cheap leading up to it so if you are thinking about buying a current model its worth holding off till they drop down in price.

I would like to see a massive add on battery or alot more battery life, Its kind of a bummer not being able to keep the action rolling all day
Jarrad
jbonez
Valued Member

Kayak: Stealth Evolution 495 - The Slag.

Re: Gopro 4

Postby jbonez » Wed May 14, 2014 6:38 pm

When I get home from a successful trip or know something good is on the video, I normally go inside before I unload anything from the ute and watch it.

I do like the idea of the good audio recording as the go pro is pretty average especially for hearing your drag/clicker go off.. everybody loves that sound.

Those shimano cameras might be good but seems like the price point similar to gopro, also the garmin similar price to gopro as well?

I guess the gopro is like the iphone of cameras now but its pretty decent. Be nice to see external audio recording or a waterproof power cable coming out of the housing.

Something I would love on a waterproof camera and also VHF radio is induction charging, no exposed copper contacts to rust away like the elecy toothbrushes have.
Jarrad
jbonez
Valued Member

Kayak: Stealth Evolution 495 - The Slag.

Postby bildad » Thu May 15, 2014 7:48 am

gone
Last edited by bildad on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someday I'll have money, money isn't easy come by, by the time its come by, I'll be gone!
PB: Flathead 84cm, Blue Salmon 66cm, Jew 48cm, Grunter 45cm,Trevally 43cm, Bass 40cm, Coral Trout 38cm, Mangrove Jack 30cm, Bream 25cm, Fingermark 20cm
bildad
Elite Member

Kayak: Hobie Outfitter

Postby bildad » Thu May 15, 2014 10:02 am

salticrak wrote:bildad, that is a great link mate.BTW my trustfire batteries eventually turned up. ;-)

Cool!
Someday I'll have money, money isn't easy come by, by the time its come by, I'll be gone!
PB: Flathead 84cm, Blue Salmon 66cm, Jew 48cm, Grunter 45cm,Trevally 43cm, Bass 40cm, Coral Trout 38cm, Mangrove Jack 30cm, Bream 25cm, Fingermark 20cm
bildad
Elite Member

Kayak: Hobie Outfitter

Postby BIGKEV » Thu May 15, 2014 12:06 pm

Just on the subject of vid editing. Using an iPad with the iMovie app ($5) and a plug in SD card reader ($35) has turned what was a frustrating chore into an enjoyable experience. I plug my SD card directly into the iPad when I'm finished fishing and the raw vid files are imported into my photo gallery before I get home, I can also 'Airdrop' any photos or vids I take on my phone and use these in the vids too. Everything in iMovie has been easy to use and the finished vid can be published straight to various platforms such as youtube, facebook, vimeo or even email or better still saved as a finished movie directly into your photo gallery straight from the app. The only problems I've had are with assigning music and the various copyright issues with Youtube, but if you use local independent artists then once you acknowledge the content match the vids are easily viewable by all.

The last couple of movies that I published in my recent DI report took about an hour each, and even I can find that amount of time in my day.

Although this product will never be suitable for an apple-o-phobe, it is really ticking all the boxes for me.

Kev
Mod Edit
BIGKEV
Legendary Member

Kayak: Profish+Nemo+Stealth Evo 495 - Blue Bagger

Return to Electronics