Electronics • Humminbird 798 CISI.... DIY repairs!

Sounders, Shark Shields, and other electronics

Humminbird 798 CISI.... DIY repairs!

Postby swabio » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:50 pm

Well........ after a year in storage.....it would appear that something was stored on my fishfinder...... and it cracked the area that attaches to the the mount.......it has popped it clean off on the inside..... so I have removed the little release button... as I don't really need that anyway........ and I think it was putting too much pressure on the area that attaches to the mount..... so now need to glue it back on......... any suggestions as to what glue to use? After gluing it I shall run a bead of silicone around the new join (on the inside of the fishfinder) to ensure its waterproofness....
swabio
Valued Member

Kayak: Hobie Pro Angler Sitting and waiting to play

Re: Humminbird 798 CISI.... DIY repairs!

Postby swabio » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:06 pm

cjbfisher wrote:Get in touch with BLA. They can probably replace the broken part. I know that I'd rather do that than risk a $1400 sounder not being "waterproof".

I bought it overseas........I will get a hold of them to see if I can buy a new rear cover...... I ended up pulling the old one apart and did some 'repairs'..... it worked when I put it back together.... and should be reasonably waterproof ;) If I do kill it...... then it gives me a reason to get a HDS7 Touch................ hmmmm

swabio
Valued Member

Re: Humminbird 798 CISI.... DIY repairs!

Postby swabio » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:51 pm

CAV wrote:before you re assemble it apply a light smearing of some silicone grease or vaseline to the rubber seals, this will help with the "waterproofing".

Too late Cav! But it worked a treat today ;) Unfortunately that was all that workeD!
swabio
Valued Member

Return to Electronics