Electronics • Gopro which one?

Sounders, Shark Shields, and other electronics

Re: Gopro which one?

Postby paulo » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:05 am

So Salti, Im in the market for another cam. What are your thoughts on the Garmin cam so far. Battery life, fogging, wifi, run light indicators, charging, frame rate, picture clarity and anything else you love or hate about it.
Not keen on another gopro or sony. Tempted to try some of the cheap knockoffs for the price but expect Ill get what I pay for.
Paul
Qld Member - Hobie State Fishing Team
Yak PBs - 60cm Tailor | 72cm Spangled Emporer | 85cm Flathead | 90cm Yellowfin | 75cm Snapper | 85cm Mac Tuna | 2.5m (78kg) Black Marlin | 1.2m Longtail | 1.32m (19.5kg) Kingfish
paulo
Elite Member

Kayak: Hobie AI

Postby scater » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Awwww snap.
Last edited by scater on Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Sam

if you are the type of w$&ker that can't let it go for some reason I'd be more than happy for you to PM me for my address so I can head butt your F$&king face off. Fatbaldkayaker
scater
Legendary Member

Kayak: Pro Fisha 475

Postby paulo » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:54 pm

salticrak wrote:paulo, not having used a gopro I cannot compare it to said camera. But here goes:

Battery life + - 2.5 hours. I bought another battery to extend my time on the water.
Card. It fills up on two batteries, make sure you delete/export before another trip.
Bought a charger for the batteries, they take a long time to recharge.
Virb editing suite is intuitive but mine crashes,i use moviemaker now.
audio is not the best,but passable.
Have had no issues with camera not filming.
I dinged the glass cover on the first lens but easily replaced.
Ease of operation,just pull the slide button and you are filming.
have had no real problems with foggy lenses,often just needs a bit of fresh water to clear salt build up.
Taking stills is a pain though.
the playback feature and screen, i just don't bother with.
Would I buy one again? Yes for sure.

Thanks Salti. Appreciate your comments.
Do you change the battery whilst on the water? Never been game to do that on any of the others.
Is there a flashing light or something so you know its recording? I never know when the sony is on unless I can see the screen. Hence there are points on the boat where I can't mount it. The gopro has the red led. I always know if its on or off.
Do you use it without a separate wp housing?
Paul
Qld Member - Hobie State Fishing Team
Yak PBs - 60cm Tailor | 72cm Spangled Emporer | 85cm Flathead | 90cm Yellowfin | 75cm Snapper | 85cm Mac Tuna | 2.5m (78kg) Black Marlin | 1.2m Longtail | 1.32m (19.5kg) Kingfish
paulo
Elite Member

Kayak: Hobie AI

Previous

Return to Electronics