Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

FOR SALE AREA - REMINDER

20K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  bassyaker 
#1 ·
For anyone using the For Sale area this is a friendly reminder that there are rules and regs which do apply. Full T&C are shown here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13674. This area of the site has had some issues in the past, so it is heavily monitored to ensure the safety of AKFF members. This is to limit the risk from non-members, new members or scammers trying to get access to our members bank details/cash.

Theres a couple of rules which i'd like to remind everyone about

Firstly, ONLY members with 50+ posts and more than 3 months membership can sell stuff via this area. we also do not allow members to sell stuff ON BEHALF of friends/relatives or other members and any posts of this nature will be automatically deleted and this rule is in place to prevent any potential issues with money changing hands between people who have not proven themselves on the forum. At least we know that most members with 50+ posts/3 months membership are here as kayak fishos, not scammers.

Secondly - all advertised items MUST have a price shown. No 'auction' or 'I'll sell to the highest bidder' type posts will be allowed. If you want to auction your stuff, then use ebay. If a for sale post does not contain a price we will advise/remind the member however it is your responsibility to post within our T&C's, and site mods shouldn't have to constantly monitor this section.

Any For Sale post that breaches site T&C will be deleted/edited at moderators discretion.

Thanks

See less See more
#5 ·
Muzakeral said:
Greetings,

How do I place an ad on the for sale section......to I make a post I have the 50 replies etc and membership.

Regards

Muzakeral
Yes congratulations on posting 48 times in the last 3 days. We assumed you had something to sell...Its amazing what some people will do to get a free ad :?

Your new 50+ post group will be updated tonight so you'll have to wait till tomorrow to post your ad (the 'New Post' button will be visible in the For Sale section after that time). Can't wait to see what bargains you have!

#7 ·
Hi guys, a question - I have been a member for some time (October last year) and in addition had enjoyed viewing the forums for a long time before actually getting my first yak and becoming a member. I would now like to place an ad, however have only ever made three or so posts... I am keen to post an ad as I know this site has such a massive exposure to yakkers and would love my yak to go to a good home..

My question is, why do I now need to post 47 crappy, valueless posts prior to making an ad post? It's not about getting a 'free ad' as there are many other free classifieds sites for that purpose, however I don't really understand the logic - I saw from the related posts that others have done exactly that and the mods realise that the posts were only done for the purpose of then posting an ad - yet appears as though this was fine, perhaps condoned....

I am certainly not criticising the site or mods or anything like that - I'm just curious how the 50+ rule is supposed to weed out dodgy sellers? It's quite possible that a dodgy seller could post 50+ times in a short time and still post their dodgy ad isn't it?

Thanks guys - keep up the great site...

#8 ·
Shadowflash said:
I'm just curious how the 50+ rule is supposed to weed out dodgy sellers? It's quite possible that a dodgy seller could post 50+ times in a short time and still post their dodgy ad isn't it?
The Three month Membership and 50+ Post is to allow people that wish too contribute and participate in this forum a place to sell there items.
Yes people could make "47 crappy, valueless posts" but these would be seen as Spam posting as outlined by the AKFF Acceptable Use Policy and the Pink Banner section of the For Sale section, and these would be deleted and warnings against continuing action would be sent to the offending member.
Its not necessarily a perfect system but one that has worked well over the years to allow members that wish to (constructively) participate in the forum a place to offer things for sale and weed out those that only wish to help themselves.

Hope this answers you question and we will be looking forward to you next 47 non crappy and valued posts :D

#9 ·
If your selling anything related to fishing or kayaking , you have a ready made interest market on here and you can pretty well assume that your item will be sold , therefore i think its very reasonable that you should be seen to show an interest in the activities of AKFF and participate in a responsible way here . To only have to be a member for 3 months and contribute 50 posts is a very reasonable request and by doing so you may not only sell your goods , but you may come to like the place

#13 ·
Rules work (usually).

Come to think of it, I've got heap of stuff to sell. Anyone want 4 kayaks (that I don't use now)?

Trevor

#15 ·
eric said:
Six months ago dead set, I'd have been all over those four kayaks.
ERIC
Can't tempt you?

1. Double royalex sea kayak for $ 1,000 (less than 1/3 price), used twice only.

2. New SOT (not fishing set up) for $ 200 (cost $ 700). Excellent for creeks, lakes and rivers, and a DIY pimper to fit stuff.

3. Slightly used Surf ski's X 2 [plastic] for $ 300 each

4. New whitewater kayaks X 2 (creek boats) for $ 300 and $ 1,100 (value at $ 700 and $ 1,900 RRP)

5. Used (4 times) 15 ' royalex canoe, with 'felucca' sailing rig for $ 950 (less than 1/3 price).

Negotiable (there's no room left in my garage).

Trevor

#16 ·
kayakone said:
Rules work (usually).

Come to think of it, I've got heap of stuff to sell. Anyone want 4 kayaks (that I don't use now)?

Trevor
Don't 3 of them make up your Ai ?

#17 ·
ncg0005 said:
this is one of my 50 pointless posts... dumb rule...
but at the same time i get it... my pro angler has a date with ebay instead... too much effort here
I think I speak for everyone here when I say we are feeling a loss already.

ps. it's worth noting that most people only get to 49 pointless posts and then their post count mysteriously starts going backwards.
Good luck with the sale.

#18 ·
keza said:
kayakone said:
Rules work (usually).

Trevor
Don't 3 of them make up your Ai ?
At least. I'm nearly out of cash. Someone please give them a good home........even better some use and fun.

Trevor

#20 ·
If you really want to sell them Trevor, you should put them in the for sale section, you have 50 posts, it will be ok.

#21 ·
Thanks Kerry. I've just done that.

At least I didn't join to sell stuff.

Cheers
Trevor

#22 ·
kayakone said:
Thanks Kerry. I've just done that.

At least I didn't join to sell stuff.

Cheers
Trevor
Sure Trevor, slowly slowly catch a monkey.

#23 ·
eric said:
kayakone said:
5. Used (4 times) 15 ' royalex canoe, with 'felucca' sailing rig for $ 950 (less than 1/3 price).
First thing that popped into my mind was that your special fellatio sailing system better suited days that sucked rather than blowed.

But then I saw my error.

It'll be good in a blow too.
You're not wrong Eric. Paddled it from Scarborough to Bribie Island one summers' day, and came back in a howling NE sea breeze. Screaming off the swells....what a hoot! A very stable and capable canoe, and magic with the sail option.

Interested? I could sail down the coast to deliver it to you.

G
#24 ·
no kitchenware Pat, and whats wrong with trolling Nezevic??? this website is a great sources of information, especially for beginners.. limit people base on there posts? i don't agree.. but i understand the importance of preventing spam. perhaps the web master needs to do more to moderate posts and open the path for freedom of speech.. it makes me wonder how many great deals or threads have been restricted by this rule... Last time i checked, this restriction in speech has some similarities too distinguished lessons learned world wide through out history.. i know its seen to be minor... but thats where it begins...

#26 ·
nezevic said:
If only i was closer
For God's sake Jon you're a few streets away! Do you buy only from nextdoor neighbours?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.