Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPECIAL AKFF JUNIORS FISHING COMP.

9K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  littletess 
#1 ·
Thanks to the generous donation of AKFF member BUFF we have a bunch of great lures to use as prizes in the FIRST EVER AKFF juniors fishing comp. :D Yay!

This comp is open to all AKFF junior members (or children of AKFF members) aged up to 16 years and we will have a boy and girl category.

Best fish at the end of the entry period as judged by BUFF will win a great selection of hard body and soft plastic lures, kindly donated by BUFF. The fish may be an estuary, freshwater or saltwater species. The 'best' fish may not necessarily be the biggest, and the judges decision is final.

To enter - please submit a photo of your / your childs fish in this thread along with the anglers name, age and some brief details on the fish and where it was caught. Entries will be accepted until the END OF MAY 2009. Fish must be caught from a kayak.

OK, kids - good luck and get fishing!!!

#6 ·
occy said:
Davey, I have a few of the first original AKFF T shirts (now collectors items) left over from my initial run a couple of years ago. You are welcome to have them as prizes for this or other comps if you want.

There are only smalls left (which is still quite generous actually), as for some reason the bigger sizes (up to 4XXXX I might add :shock: ) were the most popular. Not quite sure what that says about yak fisho's, but either there are a lot of fat bastards here, or we just like oversized T shirts. ;-) :lol: :lol:

I can get them to you when I drop off the trolley if you want.
sounds good thanks occy.

ps. You're not eligible for the 'juniors' fishing comp Paul... :lol:

#7 ·
no i caught a 1.2 m flatty over easter but i cant enter it as it is to old grrr :D
AS I RELEASED IT IT MEANS I NEED TO CATH IT AGEN.. also does it need the date on the photo ;-)

#8 ·
Davey G said:
yeah Bugger :( Looks like we'll just have to wait for the Seniors (over 60's) Comp then Occulator :lol:

#9 ·
DougOut said:
Davey G said:
yeah Bugger :( Looks like we'll just have to wait for the Seniors (over 60's) Comp then Occulator :lol:
Its called the AKFF fishing comp and it runs every month. Old farts are welcome too. :lol:

#10 ·
Davey G said:
Old farts
Old Farts you say :shock: now-now-now-you-you just hang on a second,
Why you-you-you-you, you just never mind about that,
Why you-you-you-you, don't you worry about that
many-many-many a good tune has been played on-a-on-a-on-aaaa a Horse of an entirely different colour
just-just-just-just you never mind,
now-now-now that's all I'm going to say about the matter.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi guys im 14 years old and here is my fish. It was caught on a live mullet on 6kg line after an epic 15-20 minute battle, everything was done on my own successfully.

DSC_0363 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0376 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0377 (Medium).JPG

Thanks heaps guys Josho 8)

Attachments

#14 ·
The jewie was caught yesterday

Josho 8)

#15 ·
geeez why couldnt anyone tell me about this before i decided to leave my kayak down the coast :(

buff could u make this a regular :lol:

this could be alot of fun us young blokes who need some new lures ;-)

ps. buff if you really need to get rid of some of your lures then ill pm you my address :lol: ;-)

#16 ·
Just had a re-read and noticed I'm been dropped into judging the comp ;-)
The main thing I'll be looking for in the photos (as well as the other prerequisites) is "Does it look like you are having FUN"
Big smiles and happy faces to show off just how much fun Yak fishing really is will go a long way :D

So remember don't be put off if you see someone getting a bigger fish than you, just put on a bigger smile :lol: :D ;-)

Have Fun :D :D :D

#17 ·
It's hard to smile when you can hardly hold it buff :lol:

Josho 8)

#21 ·
Hold on wait to Sunday I got a secret weapon ,a day of work. Josho Jew fish will look like a soba( baby jewfish) to mine hahaha (laugh)
no wait to sun day I have this in the net (common term I have this in the bag turn into a fishing reference)

#23 ·
Well the end of the Comp has come and with three fantastic entrance, Josho with his cracker Jewie, Littletess with some great Salmon and showing us all the basics of lift and wind and last but in now way least Breamski with my favorite sea food Squid

I cant decide a winner mainly as your smiles show what Yak fishing is all about - Getting out there and having Fun.
So with that I'm going to top up the prize pool so all get an equal share :D

So guys and girl If you could PM me your postal address (get you Mum or Dads Permission) the Prizes will be sent your way.
And again some great shots there folks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.