Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WIN ANOTHER VIKING KAYAK!!!!!!!

17K views 45 replies 21 participants last post by  Davey G 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
AKFF - WIN A(NOTHER) VIKING PROFISH KAYAK COMPETITION.

Attention all AKFFers.

Drum roll please………

Hey presto, watch us pull another Profish out of our hat…..

Profish.jpg

The good folks at Viking Kayaks have generously given us another Profish Kayak (including seat and paddle) to give away. VIKING KAYAKS, one of Australias' most well known kayak manufacturers, have just released their eagerly anticipated new yak design, the PROFISH. This new 4.3 metre long, 77cm wide, 28kg kayak is loaded with features that even the most hard-core kayak fishermen will love. The hull shape ensures a quick, stable and smooth paddle through most conditions, and the cockpit design has been developed with the fisherman in mind. The new 30 litre centre well has many uses including esky, live bait storage, tackle box or fish keeper and the fishfinder hatch is also a unique feature of the Profish. This kayak represents cutting edge design at an affordable price. Check out http://www.vikingkayak.com.au for more details on Viking kayak models. This package is valued at around $1600 and will be won by one lucky AKFFer

So, if you weren't lucky enough to win the Profish via the recent fishing competition, then here's ANOTHER chance to get your butt into some fantastic plastic!

The new AKFF "Spot the Yakfish" competition will commence on June 1st and will conclude on July 31st. During that 2 month period we will be asking for members to take and submit photos which must include our Special Yakfish Logo wearing a very fetching Viking Hat for this special occasion. The special image can be found here Download the Image Here

Now, with this competition, we don't want your standard 'pretty sunset' or '30cm bream' photos. We will be looking for photos that get the logo out into the public eye as much as possible. We will be looking for creativity, humour, opportunity and public exposure.

I'm not going to give away any ideas but perhaps you can sneak up behind Kevin Rudd and slap it on his forehead while your mate snaps away. The beating you'll take from his minders may just be worth it!

For those who remember the Triple J 'Beat the Drum' photo competition of years gone by - this is a similar concept. We want the AKFF/Viking logo to GET OUT THERE into the public eye!! Alternatively if you find yourself in that 'once in a lifetime' situation, some quick thinking and a good photo could just get you the chocolates! Your entries are only limited by your imagination (and the police)

At the end of the comp period our esteemed judging panel will be drawing our TOP 10. Members will then be asked to judge their TOP 5 from the 10 selected. The winner will then be RANDOMLY DRAWN from those 5 with the winner walking (paddling) away in a new Profish, valued at around $1600

So, that's the concept. Now get snapping! ALL ENTRIES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED INTO THE OFFICIAL THREAD AT viewtopic.php?f=51&t=17335&p=186712#p186712

Profish Birds Eye.jpg

Rules do apply - so here they are.

This competition will run June 1 to July 31 2008 and is open to members of AKFF with more than 50 posts, or who have been members since before March 1st 2008. Members are allowed to submit up to 3 entries each within the official competition thread at viewtopic.php?f=51&t=17335&p=186712#p186712. All submissions must show the special AKFF/VIKING logo within the photo. No photo-shopped entries will be accepted. Any photographs that depict illegal activities will be automatically deleted and the member will be removed from the draw and giving a good beating. Site admin/moderators have AGAIN decided that we should not be eligible to win the competition, and as a previous Viking winner T-CURVE is also excluded (Sorry all). Winner will be decided by poll and will receive one Viking Profish kayak supplied with standard seat and paddle. Judges decision is final. Collection/transport of kayak will be at winners own expense.

AGAIN - A BIG THANKS TO ALEX AND THE MANAGEMENT AT VIKING KAYAKS AND WE HOPE THAT THESE COMPETITIONS CONTINUE TO PROVIDE FUN AND VALUE TO ALL OUR AKFF MEMBERS

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Ha Roberta,here is my chance to win a NEW VIKING PROFISH KAYAK 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I have a bit of an idea for my entry,may need your help :twisted: :twisted:
Thirst I have to build my posts from 13 to 50,so I better lose my shyness ;-) ;-)
Wendy.

#8 ·
No its ok i will wait for the next comp i will be a veteran by then, winters coming soon i will be sitting in front of the fire with a cup of tea and my slippers nearby, kayaking might be the last thing on my mind. ;-)

But i will play it by ear, i might have enough posts by then, but i will not post a flurry of useless ones just to be eligble, i have enough useless ones as it is :D

It sure is a great outfit but.

#10 ·
L3GACY said:
With the lads we have on this forum I can see myself switching the news on one night only to see a massive banner on the Sydney harbour bridge.
A bit off topic, but when my uncle was in year twelve (1970's), he put a 'For Sale - contact Chatswood Highschool' banner on the Harbour Bridge as part of muck-up day. Maybe I should ring him and ask for tips...

Rowan.

#13 ·
Excellent idea

By the way guys there is a part two to the rules

This competition will run June 1 to July 31 2008 and is open to members of AKFF with more than 50 posts, or who have been members since before March 1st 2008
Hope this may help :lol:

I will have to get the old viking thinking cap on and see where i can stick this logo :twisted: :twisted:

#14 ·
I see theres about 17 dealers in QLD,18 in NSW and only one in W.A a couple of 100kms from Perth, we are really behind the times here, i have spent a lot of time on/in around the water and this year was the first time i ever saw some body fishing from a kayak (hobie with dog on front and back,lol), i guess we are 3-4 years behind you guys at this stage of the game, i feel like a pioneer here :lol:

I will certainly be checking them out further if they reach Perth.

#15 ·
Woohoo.....another chance to win a fantastic kayak :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D . Thanks to the mods and Alex for his support :D

One small suggestion, is it worthwhile putting http://www.akff.net and http://www.vikingkayak.com.au on the poster? We (on this site) know what the picture symbolises, but no-one else has the foggiest and you can't use google to match images yet ;-)

#16 ·
Flump said:
One small suggestion, is it worthwhile putting http://www.akff.net and http://www.vikingkayak.com.au on the poster? We (on this site) know what the picture symbolises, but no-one else has the foggiest and you can't use google to match images yet ;-)
The people that are entering the comp know what the logo symbolises, so that's all that matters!

Also, we dont want Kevin Rudds 'heavies' coming round to our place to punch our lights out :shock: :shock:

#17 ·
Oh Dear! There goes the neighbourhood...lol. Somebody wearing only the logo dashing out onto the footy field is one of the worst that springs to my mind...lol. Or kayaking down the escalators in the Myer centre towing a banner. This could get ugly real fast...lol. :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Mike

#20 ·
Lmao....I gave up nuding up for a cause when I reverted to hairy ape status. They shaved me down and taught me to walk upright but the hair grew back...lol...so I really wouldn't be nuding up would I? Seriously though, as much as would love a nice paddle yak like the profish looks to balance out my exercise, I only have one backside. With a fully kitted out Outback it wouldn't get the public exposure such a fine prize donation deserves I think because I love my Hobie too much. Would still like to play the game though...lol. Will have to give some thought to this one...lol.
Cheers
Mike

#22 ·
Peril said:
Who's going to pin one to Benny when he visits?
strike you down :D

i thought one of Bill Hensen's models might have been the go.

#25 ·
occy said:
You guys happy with me using that image printed on a T shirt?
T shirt should be fine but i would rather not see it on your undies :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.