Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

Googong - saturday 18 sept

6K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  linx 
#1 ·
G'day all, heading out to googong this saturday for a bash. Launch at 8.
Hopefully a yella or two. Whos keen?

#6 ·
G'day John

Will be launching from the main ramp, the one closest to QBN where you go past the rangers quarters and then down the big hill. Keen to check out this side imaging sounder of yours - we should get into some reddies at least.

I will PM you my moby number incase the weather turns sketchy.

#8 ·
Keen yes. Available no. Swimming lessons for the 9yo followed by lunch at mt daughter's grandparents. And there was much rejoicing .... yay.

pescado said:
we should get into some reddies at least
Well there are at least the 31 that I threw back last time.

#11 ·
G'day folks,

I just came out of hibernation and wanted to know how this trip went? ;-)

Had my first bash back at fishing with a land based trip up to Talbingo the weekend prior - no luck though, 4 blokes, 8 rods, no fish = many beers consumed.

Looking forward to dusting off the kayak and hitting the water soon.

Kev

#12 ·
It was very quiet on the fish front. In fact, I didn't get one hit.

The water is very dirty and still a bit cold 10.4 deg so it may improve in a couple a weeks.

I did manage to try out sailing in my Outback when the wind picked up at lunch time. The sail works well once I figured out how it all works.

#13 ·
johnH said:
It was very quiet on the fish front.
Second that!!

Water is up 7m so was really hard to work out where my old spots have gone. Lots of debris and quite discoloured - had one brief hookup on a jackall that felt weighty then dropped it. To give you some idea how high it is - the water has almost reached the point on the ramp where it goes from 2 to one lane, never seen it like that before.

Did you see those dead roos in the water on the way back john?? Glad i dont live in QBN where googong is my water supply :D :D

Still a nice morning out and i reckon it will be absolutely firing for yellas in the coming months once the water settles and weedbeds establish themselves.

#14 ·
Bad luck John and Chris but you've gotta be in it to win it, the way Googong fishes you could have just as easily have caught half a dozen yellas, a metre+ cod, and a 60cm brown each. The water is up 7m? :eek:

I've often seen dead wombats floating at Googong, makes you wonder how they get there.

#16 ·
pescado said:
Glad i dont live in QBN where googong is my water supply
Do you want me to break the bad news to you? :twisted:

#18 ·
Queanbeyan gets its water supply from ActewAGL. ActewAGL sources water and treats water for all of the ACT and Queanbeyan. Most of this water comes from Corrin, Bendora and Cotter via the Mt Stromlo water treatment plant. But, some of it comes from Googong via the Googong water treatment plant. Under extreme situations, some of it comes directly from the Murrumbidgee via Mt Stromlo (though this may have been discontinued). There are currenly plans to augment Googong by pumping water from the Murrumbidgee, this the construction site offices currently at Googong. I'm concerned that when this occurs we may end up with Carp in Googong. Basically, it doesn't matter where you live, you can be drinking water from any of these sources.

http://www.actewagl.com.au/water/networks/profile.aspx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.