Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

Religious vilification

40K views 180 replies 40 participants last post by  Artie 
#1 ·
Most of you will recall that around Easter I was banned for posting Christian content in 'Soapbox', and according to the mods, creating many complaints and work for them. Besides that, I was vilified for Christian content I posted in Main in two threads over the past few years.

I have for weeks considered taking action under rules of Anti Discrimination (and Vilification) Commissions in various states. Well, you can all relax now.

According to the transcripts I have received, which initially were wiped, there are a lot of people who may well be worried right now. I have received two apologies already, but do not expect any more, nor will I ask for any. To avoid any further worry, and in the interests of harmony, I put this out to all forums, including the 'shed', so that people are no longer worried.

I have decided to take NO ACTION with the various Anti Discrimination Commissions, NOR WILL I EVER DO SO. I would like everyone to know that.

There is a lesson here though, that I feel should be learned. Some of the comments made to me were very hurtful, solely because the poster disagreed with my Christian beliefs.

The law in Australia states that: "Vilification is different from discrimination. Whilst discrimination involves unfair treatment, vilification is a public act that incites others to hate you or your group, have serious contempt for you, or severely ridicule you, because of your religion. This sort of hatred can show up in websites."

That is the end of the matter forever. Let us get on with fishing and sharing the good times, and the donuts.

See less See more
#181 ·
Before anyone attacks me....check my post count (that seems to be how we are judged these days) also check the content of my posts.... this is my return to AKFF, I just drifted away, no reason, still fishing from the yak, just didn't see the need to drop in to the forums I once did, so I pop in tonight and see this.... whatever this is.

Some of the names involved in this thread I once interacted with when I was active.

I'm a yak fisho, I've seen crap on this forum in past, and many other forums, and I tend to ignore the rants and raves, but this? This????? WTF is this?????

I'm off, I'm not wishing to add related content, just wanted to say how embarrassed some of you make me, I think Ill move onto other sites... cheerio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.