Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

I'm going to swr

16K views 50 replies 9 participants last post by  fitzie 
#1 ·
this is my first topic
Any ideas what's on the chew at the moment at south west rocks
sea (on the good weather days )or river(on the bad weather days)
My first day fishing is the Monday 24/03/14
I'm hoping the internet works on the phone there if it dose I will try to give a report on how I go .

Morten from newcastle :D

#27 ·
keza said:
I warned you, sharks love bonito :)
thanks keza , it wasn't a bonito ,it was a frigate the same size
As a bonito , but seriously I couldn't help my self because I like to match the hatch,
after trolling around a couple of slimeys for a couple of hours with no result I got desperate
so I cerantly found out how sharky the water is out there ,they must follow you around
and grab the fish you release ,seems to me they are quit smart .

Taking a break from outside fishing today ,going to take
my daughter fishing from the shore today ,with some of the slimeys that died in the tank yesterday
any good spots to take a 3.5 year old fishing around here?

Morten :D

#30 ·
Somebody did try to launch there and, at the time, there was a very steep sand dune, or some other problem, maybe a long way from the car? Maybe they didn't have the Kayak Cart Beach from Beachwheels Australia? Check it out Morten....Salti might be on the money.

For your daughter, try the river. Some good fish have been caught in there.

#33 ·
When we went to Grassy the beach was washed out and you would have needed a crane to get the yak to the sand.
If the sand has come back the launch should be okay.
There is a headland, so you have 2 options for launching, there should be a rip next to the rocks with no waves breaking in it.

#41 ·
morten said:
RhubarbTheYeti said:
Don't tell me your daughter caught that :shock:
Yeti, no I caught it but it looks bigger with her holding it.
Good one Morten. She looks pretty happy. :D

#42 ·
That is a thumper.
Never fished a round there but it sounds like a good option when you can't get off shore.
Hope your daughter caught some too, or at least held the rod.

#44 ·
morten said:
She hooked a couple of sting rays ,when they run like that she just hands the rod to me and says"too big for me "
She loves fishing .
Hopefuly she will like it the rest of her life .

Off to a good start, for the rest of her life. Good one Morten!

#47 ·
Went to back creek again and got another bunch of bream largest 1.25kg @ 44cm
forgot to get a photo .going out tomorrow off the goal again so hopefully the mackeral will be there
I'm getting exited :D
ill go and get all the gear ready now change from light gear to something more substantial

bream for dinner again.

#48 ·
Went out to the 40 m mark again ,hard to get bait water green till the 40 m mark where it met with the blue water .
Hooked what I think is a large shark on a live yellow tail
after 2 hrs and getting towed for several klm I couldn't get him closer than 24 meters deep I decided to put the drag up as tight as I could to put the pressure on him I managed too get him 1 meter closer it was like a yoyo 1meter up 1meter down then half an hour later the line finally broke .

#49 ·
morten said:
Went out to the 40 m mark again ,hard to get bait water green till the 40 m mark where it met with the blue water .
Hooked what I think is a large shark on a live yellow tail
after 2 hrs and getting towed for several klm I couldn't get him closer than 24 meters deep I decided to put the drag up as tight as I could to put the pressure on him I managed too get him 1 meter closer it was like a yoyo 1meter up 1meter down then half an hour later the line finally broke .

Did you take baboon arse salve? Salti may have some left. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.