Main • How off topic can the off topic go?

This is the main discussion forum.

Re: How off topic can the off topic go?

Postby Snoskred » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:19 pm

occy wrote:We had the politics, and I just knew what was coming next. Sex, that's right sex. All that's missing now is the religion. So how about we all post something about that. I'll start it off with a "I'm a Tyke and I'm proud of it". Come on all you Protestants, Catholics or maybe even Calathumpium's, this is your chance to out yourselves. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would suspect many here would be Jedi.. and follow the teachings of Yoda.. :twisted: :D

Especially
- Try not. Do or do not, there is no try!
- Named must your fear be before banish it you can.
- Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
Snoskred

Postby grinner » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:43 pm

the mods always keep me in line,
they're scarey dudes.
heres one i encountered recently
Attachments
mod3.JPG
grinner
Legend of AKFF
Legend of AKFF

Kayak: hobie revo

Postby blahger » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:52 pm

Bevan?

Speaking of UFC, and grown men rolling around bathed in sweat, Couture or Vera anyone???
Cheers,

Blah

[Mod Edit]
blahger
Veteran Member

Kayak: Meh.

Postby Barrabundy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:49 pm

WOW, just had a look at this thread....then the dog thread....then back here again....hmm..... :?

All I can add is....

I REALLY love this time of year! Work is done, pressure is off, days are getting longer (fit in 2 hour fish before breakfast), cruising into Christmas. Time to catch up with people I've been slack with all year, eat too much, drink too much, bludge too much, looking forward to doing the big family thing and re-grouping ready for whatever next year brings.

How about you people?
the kool kids are now hanging at theyakshed.com
Barrabundy
Legendary Member

Kayak: theyakshed.com theyakshed.com theyakshed.com theya

Postby Junglefisher » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:59 pm

It's definately a yellow finned tuna.
Cheers
Craig

Sooty grunter Tarpon Jungle Perch Jack Aust. Grayling Coral Trout Barra Longtom Cobbler Brown trout Atl. Salmon Rainbow Trout Spangled emperor Estuary cod Flathead Snapper Murray Cod Mack Yella Whiting Pike Walleye Artic Greyling Snapper
Junglefisher
Legendary Member

Kayak: Revo Finn X-press Outfitter Gizmo Pelican

Postby ARK » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:05 pm

What!! A yelow finned tuna ate indiedogs keys? Now I'm really confused

AUDREY
ARK

Kayak: Hobie Quest

Postby garyp » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:07 pm

Falling down - very apt

BPAY - Buyer Pay?!?

Car Keys - let me know if you find my missing report next to them

Dishley? - every time I see your name next to a comment you seem to be having a go at someone - I don't care if you don't stop because I always have a good laugh at it.

Now I am off to find this dog thread so I can laugh some more.

Finally; Does anyone know a cure for cranky a pregnant wife?
garyp
Elite Member

Kayak: Cruasader and Hobie PA

Postby bazzoo » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Garyp , there is no such thing , as birth is only a temporary cure , ohh dear and i bet you have several more months ahead of you , alcohol , there ya go , copious quantities of alcohol administered internally , no mate , not to your wife , to yourself :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
cheers, barry

Stealth Splash 465
Old Town Loon111
Horizon predator TK1

We grow too soon OLD
and too late SMART
bazzoo
Legend of AKFF
Legend of AKFF

Kayak: Old Town Loon and tk one -Stealth Splash

Postby zipper » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:55 pm

[EDIT] that 18th must have bn alot more fun than i first thought. sorry for the shite post
Last edited by zipper on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
i saw a sign that said watch for children. sounds like a fair trade.
zipper
Elite Member

Kayak: boogie board

Postby Alster99 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:47 am

Recount!
Cheers!

Allan :D
Alster99
Veteran Member

Kayak: Hobie Outback

Postby Junglefisher » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:59 am

occy wrote:Ya gotta love this joint, so many caring sharing people here willing to help others in their hour of need with a re-assuring word or two. :shock:

Which brings me to my question. :roll: Does anyone know what the f in f stop (as in camera apertures) means, and why it's always shown in print in itallics? :? I'm guessing it's actually a mistake (you know like those place names that are misspelt such as with Sydney, which apparently should be Sydeney), and should really be "a" stop (for aperture). An f does actually look very similar to an a in itallics if you squint.

I thought I had better get a handle on it as I go before the board of the Professional Photographers Association for my membership interview soon. :shock: Nah just kiddin, I'm not really a professional photographer. Although come to think of it I am fairly handy with a camera, and I nearly did a beginners course in digital photography at Paxtons once. I reckon I really would make a great professional photographer, once I find out what all that lingo means.

Like "SD card" or "megapixel" or "DPI" for instance. Anyone know what that in the hell they all mean? If anyone out there can tell me you would be doing me a big favour. :( Now if that ain't off topic what is.

Only happy to help.
fstop refers to the efficacious word that is often used by those trying to work how how to use an SLR camera without reading the instructions.
SD card is Steven Douglas Card, Steven Douglas being a famous cartoon charracter, known for the amusing way he said "mouse".
DPI refers to "Don't Push It" - apparently something a photograppers wife said to him when he was aksing her to pose for too many riske photos.
A megapixel is of course, a very large pixel. Something to do with Disney I think.
Cheers
Craig

Sooty grunter Tarpon Jungle Perch Jack Aust. Grayling Coral Trout Barra Longtom Cobbler Brown trout Atl. Salmon Rainbow Trout Spangled emperor Estuary cod Flathead Snapper Murray Cod Mack Yella Whiting Pike Walleye Artic Greyling Snapper
Junglefisher
Legendary Member

Kayak: Revo Finn X-press Outfitter Gizmo Pelican

Postby chrisbowdler » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:54 pm

" by StevenM » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:55 am

Occy have you ever noticed that your avatar occy has only 7 legs

makes the whole oculator thing a sham if you ask me. "

i count 8
chrisbowdler

Kayak: Revo.

Postby grinner » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:07 pm

i have a little off topic question which i was reminded of in a reply to lapse last night.
it is a little blue but a genuine case and would appreciate the "ethicists" responses.if it is too blue , please delete it mr.moderator.

23 years ago when working in orthopaedics, we had a ward full of young guys mainly with shattered legs from motorbike accidents. in those days , they were often in hospital for 8 to 12 weeks.

there was a certain nurse who worked night shift who was "extremely dedicated " in maintaining the comfort levels of some of these young men (who were EXTREMELY willing participants). lets just say she relieved them of certain frustrating build-ups. she loved her work and they loved her work and to be honest the patients seemed to require much less pain and tranquilizer medication. anyway , when this story came to the attention of those higher up , she was promptly sacked.

so my question is... did she deserve to be sacked?
grinner
Legend of AKFF
Legend of AKFF

Kayak: hobie revo

Postby koich » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:10 pm

grinner wrote:so my question is... did she deserve to be sacked?

Sacked or paperbagged?
koich
Legendary Member

Kayak: Viking Predator

Postby sbd » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:20 pm

I'm in the market for a motorbike & a time machine. Do Delorean only make 4 wheelers?
There is no god.
sbd
Legendary Member

Kayak: REvo

PreviousNext

Return to Main