Trip Reports • QLD Susan River 3 PBs

Go on then, tell us how you went...

QLD Susan River 3 PBs

Postby bildad » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:47 am

:twisted:
Last edited by bildad on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someday I'll have money, money isn't easy come by, by the time its come by, I'll be gone!
PB: Flathead 84cm, Blue Salmon 66cm, Jew 48cm, Grunter 45cm,Trevally 43cm, Bass 40cm, Coral Trout 38cm, Mangrove Jack 30cm, Bream 25cm, Fingermark 20cm
bildad
Elite Member

Kayak: Hobie Outfitter

Re: QLD Susan River 3 PBs

Postby krisvander » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:50 am

Great day fishing! Glad you were able to free the "big one" easily.

-Kris
Personal Best Yak Fish: Australian Bass 46cm, Mangrove Jack 38cm, Giant Trevally 48cm, Flathead 65cm, Tailor 37cm, Whiting 36cm, Bream 37cm, Snapper 43cm, Tuskfish 38cm
krisvander

Kayak: Tarpon 140 - Viking Espri

Postby kayakone » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:28 am

Hey Bidad

Kerrie is showing you up! :)

A good day, and not a stinker in sight.

trev
trev

Whaler 1.5m; Tailor 65cm; Bream 43cm; Jew 82 cm;Snapper 85cm; Flathead98 cm; Estuary cod55cm; Spotted mackeral96 cm; Papuan trevally120 cm & 20 kg; Barracuda100 cm; Spanish77 cm; Longtail tuna120 cm (15 kgs); 2 X Sting rays, one got me (twice) 175 cm
kayakone
Legendary Member

Kayak: Natureline Marlin + Mermaid + Stealth BFS + AI

Postby bildad » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:21 am

kayakone wrote:Hey Bidad

Kerrie is showing you up! :)

A good day, and not a stinker in sight.

trev

Yeah she's starting to peg a few back.
Funny thing is she posted a Trip Report a fair while back, where she stated that she didn't really care if she caught a fish or not it was all about the serenity and the scenery.
Well she had a massive drought and I teased her about the fishing gods catering to her wish, it was only after a couple of donuts that she decided that catching fish was better than the serenity :lol: She was even asking me how to appease the fishing gods :lol:
Looks like the gods have relinquished. :lol:
As far as the stink boats go we generally are right up in the shallows stink boats are too scared of being stranded on the flats or they travel miles away into the system.
Someday I'll have money, money isn't easy come by, by the time its come by, I'll be gone!
PB: Flathead 84cm, Blue Salmon 66cm, Jew 48cm, Grunter 45cm,Trevally 43cm, Bass 40cm, Coral Trout 38cm, Mangrove Jack 30cm, Bream 25cm, Fingermark 20cm
bildad
Elite Member

Postby clarkey » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:45 pm

To bad about the bust off,sounds like it would of been a nice fish.
Good to see Ballast hook a couple off crackers,i'd love to get stuck into a few grunter that size.
I'm not a complete idiot.Some pieces are missing.
clarkey
Elite Member

Kayak: bic bilbao + dagger drifter+prowler 4.5 sea glider

Postby richo23 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:43 pm

Impressive lizzard and grunter but what is more impressive is the bend in the rod with the turtle.
Wouldn't be an ugly stick would it ?
Loved the video and commentary!
Richo.
richo23

Kayak: Mirage 583 Freeride Hobie Revo 11 Stealth Toura

Postby Barrabundy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Gee , some decent fish there, well done!
the kool kids are now hanging at theyakshed.com
Barrabundy
Legendary Member

Kayak: theyakshed.com theyakshed.com theyakshed.com theya

Postby bildad » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 pm

krisvander wrote:Great day fishing! Glad you were able to free the "big one" easily.

-Kris

Yeah I didn't want to leave too much line hanging off him, so it wouldn't get caught in his flippers or whatever, pretty good result in the end

richo23 wrote:Impressive lizzard and grunter but what is more impressive is the bend in the rod with the turtle.
Wouldn't be an ugly stick would it ?
Loved the video and commentary!
Richo.

The rod is a ABU Muscle Tip when I saw it at Big W I couldn't believe how similar it was to my Ugly Stik, but get this it was $25.00.
I've had 2 Graphite Rods one I busted just giving it a couple of jerks to get a lure off a snag and the other, which was working out pretty good, I busted the tip off when pulling a lure down near the tip to secure it to one of the guides spewin. :( So I went back to my 27 year old Ugly Stik, but I miss the stiffness and light weight of the Graphite Rods. Still got 2 more but scared to use them :lol:

clarkey wrote:To bad about the bust off,sounds like it would of been a nice fish.
Good to see Ballast hook a couple off crackers,i'd love to get stuck into a few grunter that size.

Went back the next day to see if what busted me off was still around.
Putting together another trip report, show you how to put a bend in an Ugly Stik without being attached to a 50lb Turtle. :lol:
bildad
Elite Member

Return to Trip Reports