Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

Palm Beach Australia Day

32K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Redro 
#1 ·
l am still resting my shoulder and can't paddle for another week, bugger :cry: :cry: :cry:
So headed down to the beach to see how a few of the boys got on.
Dennis was in early,l don't think he could fit any more fish on his yak,he had already gutted and cleaned 1 Spaniard 2 Cobia and was just starting his 4 Cobia as l got there,
He is a Legend,
Peter was in next with another nice catch, 1 Spaniard and a Cobia,
Peter was trolling live yakkas and Dennis was trolling dead baits,
Well done boys.
Darren and Andrew didn't fear as well l think Darren got a small cobia

Dennis is selling his Debu fishing kayak, $400.00 most of the locals use them at Palmy l will post detail in the for sale section

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Those fish would have to be totally awesome to catch from a yak. Great work fellas.

#4 ·
Yes Dennis is a Legend and I owe him and Peter a lot for getting me started may years ago,
They showed me what rod and reel worked the best and the rigs they were using to catch awesome fish,
Looking forward to catching up with Dennis again this Mackerel season.

#7 ·
Thanks Stu.

Dennis is a legend. I'll be at the Goldie tomorrow early with DennisT, Tom, and other locals, with Wrassemagnet (Jim - from Sydney), and Beekeeper (Jimbo). I understand a brekky at the surf club is happening at 9 am. If you can, please contact Dennis about this.

G
#8 ·
kayakone said:
Thanks Stu.

Dennis is a legend. I'll be at the Goldie tomorrow early with DennisT, Tom, and other locals, with Wrassemagnet (Jim - from Sydney), and Beekeeper (Jimbo). I understand a brekky at the surf club is happening at 9 am. If you can, please contact Dennis about this.
So your coming down to try the lattes hay trev

#9 ·
nad97 said:
kayakone said:
Thanks Stu.

Tagged to see if your spelling is corrected

Level 4

#10 ·
nad97 said:
kayakone said:
Thanks Stu.

That's it Nick. Jim (Wrassemagnet) wants to try the 477 Stealth. 577? Or whatever. Beekeeper (Jimbo) is coming as well. Could you please get Chris, Ant and other locals out of bed for brekky at the surf club around 9 am?

Please contact DennisT in regard to the welcome for the Mexican.

#12 ·
nad97 said:
Trev I Dennis did a ring around this arvo so I'm he will know who's coming. I see you guys in the morning
Your spelling sucks Nick. :lol:

#14 ·
We are under siege from Irish immigrants, and now the bloody Irish spelling police are annoying us. Go chase leprechauns (did I spell that correctly)? :lol:

#17 ·
HI Nick (Redro)
Long time no see
Yes I Dropped in to see Dennis last week with Steven (Couta.1 )
He dosen't get out fishing much any more but still loves getting around the garage sale on a Saturday morning,
Are you still living overseas are you still paddling a yak,
Cheers Stu

#18 ·
Hi Stu, good to hear from you - and good to hear that Dennis is still fit and healthy. Yes, we are still in France - nearly 11 years now. Spring has just sprung, always the best time of the year - after a long, cold winter. I certainly miss the Brisbane weather - but love the easy access to Europe (thanks to the budget airline easyJet). We are still in the middle of France in Lyon, and sadly I have not done any fishing - just too far from the sea, and lake fishing doesn't float my boat. I do have an inflatable SUP, which I use for exercise. I am still very involved with the kayak industry, through work (we supply the graphic technology for the logos) and am amazed by the growth and level of sophistication in the kayak industry now. The sport has certainly come a long way, since we paddled off Palm Beach on those "Debu" flat top kayaks, with our Alvey reels! Companies like Feel Free are putting out amazing kayaks now - I visited their factory in Thailand last year. Of course, a lot of cheap kayaks are coming out of China now, supplying the likes of Anaconda Sports and BCF in Aus. Are you still fishing Stu? I keep in touch with Ross and Tony, but they don't seem to do much kayak fishing now. I was in Aus in 2016 and Ross lent me a kayak and I joined them both for a paddle. We did not catch anything, but it was good to be on the water again. Cheers, keep well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.