Trip Reports • SA metro 4/8/2012... Did that really happen?

Go on then, tell us how you went...

Re: SA metro 4/8/2012... Did that really happen?

Postby Drewboy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Kelvin gave me a master class yonks ago on yellowfin at Seacliff and I enjoyed the whole concept immensely.
As much as I liked sight fishing for yellowfin, I sucked at it.
Best score ... maybe 8 fish. And as recently as last summer I still hadn't distinguished mysel much at all.
But I am thankful to Kelvin nevertheless.
However the fellow I was raferring to was another yellowfin fisherman who seemed to be there every weekend.
He was a very generous chap... Gave me a bunch of blood worms on one occasion that helped lift my average.
It was he who told me about The Snapper between Glenelg and Brighton at about the same time Jon told OldDood.
Jon was feeding Mark further "bag out" snippets that made us all sit up and pay attention.
Particularly with relation to timing... And this is when we started recording small successes.
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous
Drewboy
Veteran Member

Kayak: Red Adventure Island Yellow Revolution

Re: SA metro 4/8/2012... Did that really happen?

Postby kayakone » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Kelvin wrote:I'm sure you guys could teach me plenty. You have really taken it to the next level.

Who would have thought 5 years ago that the metro shallow water snapper fishery could be so good?

Ditto for Redcliffe Qld. Beekeeper and his mates (maybe AWTY too, and others) have been catching big snapper in 3 - 6 metre water for years (if you call 94 cm big - on that day, 30 mins later, he caught a 90 cm one). But mostly on SP's. It does dispel the deep water snapper myth.

trev
trev

Whaler 1.5m; Tailor 65cm; Bream 43cm; Jew 82 cm;Snapper 85cm; Flathead98 cm; Estuary cod55cm; Spotted mackeral96 cm; Papuan trevally120 cm & 20 kg; Barracuda100 cm; Spanish77 cm; Longtail tuna120 cm (15 kgs); 2 X Sting rays, one got me (twice) 175 cm
kayakone
Legendary Member

Kayak: Natureline Marlin + Mermaid + Stealth BFS + AI

Previous

Return to Trip Reports