Salt & Pepper Calamari with grilled Lime
100 grams of calamari
1 red chilli
20 grams spring onion
10 grams of garlic
500 grams of rice powder
50 grams of chilli powder
100 grams of salt
50 grams of paprika
10 grams Pepper
2 egg whites
Garlic mayonnaise(Simply mix crushed garlic, salt and pepper to Hellmans mayonnaise, or another non sweet brand)
1. Coat calamari in egg white & then the rice flour mixture.
2. Heat oil & deep fry until the calamari is golden brown.
3. In a hot pan add chopped chilli, garlic, spring onion & sauté.
4. Place the sautéed chilli & spring onion over the calamari.
5. On a hot flat grill or pan with a little oil, caramelize the lime halves until golden brown by cooking for 2 mins to bring out the sugar