Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

DAG midway angler

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jase82 
#1 ·
Just wanted to say G'day as i am new to the site, and wondered if anyone could give me some feed back, I have just ordered a DAG midway angler, This will be my first kayak, I was wondering if there are any other midway owners around that could give me some feed back if the midway would be suitable for a beginer.

Almost all the info i can find on the midway is from european paddlers and nearly all is positive, The only thing i'm woried about is the width at 65cm i'm not sure if it will be a bit tippy, for me being a beginer, I guess if it is i will learn to balance pretty quickly or get used to getting wet.

I am in Hervey Bay so i won't be launching in any surf and the conditions in the bay are fairly calm most of the year.

#2 ·
G'day Jase
Here is a link to another thread on it, still not much info. viewtopic.php?f=4&p=223436

I like the specs on it, it seems to be light, the right length and a good width for paddling. Most blokes on here like to fish out of wide barges for kayaks, but I have no problems paddling and fishing out of narrower kayaks (63cm). It should be great for paddling against the strong tides you get up there. Make sure you posts some picks when it arrives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.