Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

Installing Scotty #244 flush mounts on a Hobie Revo

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Chritta 
#1 ·
Tidy!
Looks like they just fit too!

I've got 244 scottys on my kingy, they're a nice solid mount & very flat. also handy how they have that small amount of flex so you can bed 'em down good.

#2 ·
Thank you so much for this post. I installed 2 flush mount scotty holders on my brand new revo this morning. To say I was nervour drilling holes in a brand new kayak is an understatment but after measuring and then measuring again, and then measuring again I drilled a wopping big hole in the side of my kayak. They came up a treat and I cant wait to give them a run tomorrow morning.

Cheers
James

#4 ·
you have inspired me to get some #244's finally along with rodholders, extenders and a downrigger. Also grabbing one of their poles with flag and light on it as they looked good and were cheaper than the hobie flag alone.

Trying out a freight forwarder in the USA and will see how long it takes to get shipped over here. Saving about 70% on the prices in Australia, so even if it takes a month or two to get here, it will be well worth it.

#8 ·
Glad I found this thread as I'm doing the same exercise at present. I had been following a well presented step by step guide on another forum which was fine until I realised the backplate idea , while great. is difficult if not impossible on the space limited Revo - as opposed to the Outback

Looks like I'll be cutting the backplate up and just having 4 seperate pieces of backing support - which should still make for a better job than just washers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.