condor f-238 fish finder

Sounders, Shark Shields, and other electronics

condor f-238 fish finder

Postby koolkuna » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:15 pm

does anybody have any reviews on the condor f-238 fishfinder and fitting instruction to my kayak thanks
koolkuna

Kayak: emotion stealth

Re: condor f-238 fish finder

Postby emufingers » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:40 pm

I have one and it seems to work well. I had to turn sensitivity down a bit in shallow water due to double echo off the hull and some weird depth readings intermittently. Since then has been as good as gold.. Installation was a breeze. The insructions are in the booklet. A basic stick it to the hull with airbubble free sealant is all that is required for the transponder. Nice clear display.
Jerry
emufingers
Valued Member

Kayak: Mission Catch 390

Postby koolkuna » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:28 pm

thanks jerry just wondering how water proof the fish finder is and where would the cheapest place be to buy
koolkuna

Postby emufingers » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Water proofing is rated IP67 so should be fine unless you go for roll in the surf. Even then might be OK. It appeasr to be well made and sealed. I have washed mine off with a light hose mist to get salt off the screen with no probs. Got mine from Angler's warehouse $89 plus $10 dollar postage Ordered Monday am delivered to SA Wednesday am ex Queensland.
Jerry
emufingers
Valued Member

Postby koolkuna » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:55 pm

emufingers wrote:Water proofing is rated IP67 so should be fine unless you go for roll in the surf. Even then might be OK. It appeasr to be well made and sealed. I have washed mine off with a light hose mist to get salt off the screen with no probs. Got mine from Angler's warehouse $89 plus $10 dollar postage Ordered Monday am delivered to SA Wednesday am ex Queensland.

jerry do you need to buy a 12volt battery or does the unit charge from a 12volt battery
koolkuna

Postby emufingers » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:23 pm

a 12v battery is needed. I have a 7ah sealed lead acid battery, but this is overkill as the unit does not use much. However there is not much difference in price for the smaller ones so I got the bigger one whgich my local auto shop had in stock. Do not charge with a normal car battery charger as they push too much current. I use my RC plane charger.
Jerry
emufingers
Valued Member

Return to Electronics