Make/Model of Kayak: Hobie Outfitter 2011
Length/Weight of Kayak: 3.86m long and 0.86m wide / Hull Weighs 32.66kg
Approximate Price: RRP $3150
Key Features / Layout: perfect for 2 people, 3x 8” hatches, super comfy seats, more ergonomic rudder control
• The ability to put one set of mirage drives in backwards to allow the yak to go back and forward is amazing! Love it! no more figure 8’s and peddling back to the spot!
• Super stable! Like a tank!
• Dual rudder control on the 2011 allows any person to steer! Works a treat when cruising near a breakwall or around rough water. Or at a reef where waves break on both sides!!!!
• fishing on your own is tough if you (like me) are very light and unable to lift the darn thing!! I contribute this to the width of the thing. Makes it a little awkward to lift on your own. (plus I should hit the gym again)
Ability to Customise/Accessorise :
• Recessed areas to mount RAM’s in a flush sort of style! Keeping the whole boat looking nice and streamline
• Well built and functional
• I’ve put on some RAM rod holders but there is not much clearance so they don’t hit you in the thighs.
• Space in the rear is limited, so you can’t have a massive esky there
• Dual rudder control
• Super comfy seats
• Stable, like a tank
• beast of a thing to carry on your own!
• not much deck space compared to sitting on a revo on your own. (it’s the sacrifice you make for a tandem)
Conditions best suited to Estuary and Rivers.
I can’t imagine taking this thing offshore, battling choppy seas or trying to break through waves!! It would be a rough spine jarring ride!
Overall score is 10/10
Like my daughter, I love this outfitter unconditionally and its pro’s far outweigh the minor con’s. its suits my type of fishing but if your more into offshore work and tandem adventure island or a oasis would be better.
pics to come once i have fully decked it out with a livewell, nav lights etc!!