Seak Swift or Camero Winger

Ask questions and let forum members help you select a fishing kayak or post a review in here.

Seak Swift or Camero Winger

Postby andyfry » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:23 am

Hi,

I don't know how well known Camero is outside of SA, they are made here and I don't know that they get shipped out.

My son and I would like to get into a Yak, but not just for fishing. We initially were looking for a two man unit, but realise that it would be quite limiting. So we are looking for 2 Multi-purpose units.

One is the SEAK Swift from Anaconda, and the other is the Camero Winger which would be suitable for my son but I would probably have to go for an Invader since I'm not that small :D

Camero Invader and Winger http://www.camerowatersports.com.au/index.php?cID=61
Seak Swift http://issuu.com/anaconda/docs/festive_sale

I just wondered if anybody could offer any advice on these craft?

Cheers in Advance

Andy
andyfry

Kayak: not got one yet

Re: Seak Swift or Camero Winger

Postby andyfry » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:22 pm

Doesn't anybody know anything about these yaks?
andyfry

Postby Dallas » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:51 pm

Hey Andy,

Can't say I have seen anyone comment with first hand knowledge of these kayaks.

I've seen the SEAK at Anaconda - looks like a good beginners yak, and the price is certainly very attractive for an entry level kayak. Moulding quality wasnt outstanding, but looked ok (maybe just give them a good look over before you take one home to make sure you get a good one)

The Invader I have never seen before, but it looks like it would be the most capable in rougher conditions. I'm no hull design engineer, but what little I do know about kayak hull design - its on the narrower side for a fishing kayak at 70cm wide so may be a bit tippier than the other models mentioned, and the hull shape looks very rounded (lacking any defined chines) so I don't know if it would have as much in the way of secondary stability. So in short, could be a bit easier to accidently flip this yak than the other kayaks - but should be a faster boat 8)
Dallas

Postby solatree » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:42 pm

Andy - sensei and reelin have Invaders - it looks pretty good value. Here are some links.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=34101&p=368316#p368316 and viewtopic.php?f=21&t=31423&p=331799#p331799
You could also PM them for more info.
regards Andrew

It's a solitary Yacca
solatree
Legendary Member

Kayak: Hobie Sport + Mission Catch 390 + Xstream 420

Postby andyfry » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:41 am

Thanks for the help guys. Was getting despondent.

Sounds like my Dad is going to want one too so may go for a bulk buy discount.

I suspect at this stage not knowing how frequently we will be getting out there, and considering my son is pretty new to kayaks, we will go for the wider more stable SEAK.

Let you know what we think.

Thanks

Andy
andyfry

Postby Reelin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Hi Andy,
I have found the invader to be very manouverable quick and quite stable im sure there is a lot of more stable kayaks but this one is definately good for cutting through chop and surf and the first time i had to catch a wave in i had no worries! although my dad had an original DALE waverider from the 60's or 70's and i learnt to track straight on a wave on this heavy beast! but i reckon its a good buy and wouldnt go past it!
Back in Yak!
Reelin

Kayak: Extreme Invader kayak

Postby andyfry » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:25 pm

Got a cracking deal at Anaconda!

2xSEAK Swift in Red/Orange, 2 x PFD, 2xDeluxe Seats and 2x Paddles all for a thousand bucks!!

Looking forward to my sons birthday now so we can get out in them :-(
andyfry

Postby mrajc » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:57 pm

There on sale now 299 not shore if I should get one would be my first yak.
mrajc

Kayak: dont yet

Postby Ray » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:57 am

Hi Guys , I have two Invader Yaks pimped for fishing , good fishing platform , steady, easy as to paddle, choppy water no problem, Comero do packages so play one company against the other, to get it transported from Adelaide to mid North SA was 40 bucks was here two days later, our package was yak/paddle/vest/shoes/underwater camera/seat all for $399 and had no complaints with them at all so if you want cheap I'll give them a big tick.....Cheers Ray
Attachments
WP_000048.jpg
WP_000049.jpg
Ray

Kayak: 2 x Invader Kayaks

Return to Which Kayak For Me ?